- Michelle W.
Toffee Nut Christmas Coffee Wreath
Inspired by my favourite Starbucks drink of the season - this Toffee nut Christmas Coffee wreath will be the perfect addition to your holiday table.
This basic brown sugar pound cake recipe makes 2 mini bundt wreaths, but feel free to adapt it to whatever pan you have at home.
130g salted butter
90g brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
1tbs instant coffee granules + 1/2tbs hot water
120g self-raising flour
80g butterscotch chips
80g dark chocolate chips
additional whipped cream, nuts/chips
& mint leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Cream butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl.
2. Add Vanilla extract and your home made coffee extract (by melting instant coffee granules in water).
3. Add your flour and mix-ins of your choice. Fold gently and bake in a buttered and floured bundt pan at 170deg celcius for 18-20min.
4. Leave to cool and use a knife to create air pockets around the cake to release it. Place plate on top of your pan and flip!
5. To decorate it like a wreath, top with whipped cream, additional nuts and chips. Place mint leaves for an added touch.
One major tip if you ever find your cakes too dry (from over baking or being left in the fridge), is to sprinkle some water on it and microwave for 20sec. The steam will help rehydrate the cake. Works every time!
2020 has certainly been a crazy year, but I hope you all staying positive and having a lovely holiday season. Merry Christmas ❤️
Click here for full recipe video and instructions @mich.wong